The 6 Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- The Healing Power of Nature -to trust in the body's inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes - to look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm - to utilise the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher - to educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Individual - to view the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions
- Prevention - to focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention
Naturopathy is a form of holistic medicine that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies. A Naturopath treats the individual as a whole instead of just the presenting symptoms, by combining the wisdom of nature with modern science.
The specialized treatment plans facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health and remove all barriers to good health by creating a healing internal and external environment.
How we can help!
Naturopathy can be used to treat a wide range of health issues:
- Allergies and sensitivities
- Skin issues
- Mood disorders/Increase energy & focus
- Fatigue & Stress
- Chronic skin conditions
- Digestive problems– IBS, bloating, constipation, urgency
- Mental Health– Stress, depression, anxiety
- Metabolic problems– Weight Gain, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems
- Immune health– frequent illnesses, eczema, psoriasis
- Gynaecological Disorders - PCOS, Endometriosis
- Autoimmune conditions - Most common - Type 1 Diabetes, Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Psoriasis/psoariatic arthritis, Multiple sclerosis, Systemic lupus erythematosus (Lupus), Inflammatory bowel diseas, Addison's disease, Grave's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Myasthenia gravis, Vasculitis, Pernicious anaemia, Celiac disease
- Female Hormonal imbalances– acne, PMS, cramps, irregular cycle, infertility, thrush, menopause
- Male hormonal imbalances– Prostate problems, erectile dysfunction, infertility, acne
- Musculoskeletal– Pain, arthritis, cramps
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight loss/Diet programs/Detox
Consuming a well-balanced diet is vital in order to achieve optimal health and wellbeing, as nutrients are the building blocks of our physical body. When there is a correct balance of vitamins, foods and minerals, optimal health is achieved.
Nutritional imbalances can result from poor dietary choices, food sensitivity reactions, gastrointestinal dysfunction, inflammation and environmental toxicity. If left unnoticed certain diseases can occur.
Adhering to an optimal healthy lifestyle provides the best conditions for our body to prevent and heal from all disease states.
Let Food Be Your Medicine
Western Herbal Medicine
Herbal medicine is the use of the chemical and energetic properties in a plant’s leaves, flowers, berries, stems, and roots to affect the body and facilitate healing. It is the oldest form of medicine in history and has its origins in ancient cultures.
Whole herbs contain thousands of phytochemicals that work together to produce a beneficial effect in the body and even to prevent negative side-effects in most cases. Some herbs have potent (powerful) ingredients. The effect of the whole plant is greater than its parts.
Herbal medicine aims to return the body to a state of natural balance, so that it can heal itself. Different herbs act on different systems of the body.
Bring us back to Nature